The OpenWebFoundry4, $100K in prizes!
The Open Web Foundry (OWF) is a six-week program for developers and founders who are launching new startups on Arweave’s decentralised web. Open Web Foundry is for new profit sharing communities and founders further developing existing projects.
OWF not only guides founders through the process of launching a startup – idea, product, users and pitching for investors included, it also offers masterclasses, live support, opportunities to meet other participants and more.
It concludes with a Demo Day which offers the leading projects the opportunity to showcase their product. The Arweave core team and other supporting investors are there and founders can pitch for investment. The aim is to support new and existing teams to let them progress with their projects.
The Arweave team is investing $100’000 USD across the successful projects submitted to the OWF. Other third-party investors will also consider investing alongside Arweave and the investment will be made in exchange for the project’s profit sharing tokens.
How to apply?
To get started applicants need to register on Gitcoin and join the Arweave Dev Discord channel. There is certain criteria apps must meet to be accepted in the project:
- The apps must be open source with the full source code available on Github or other open code hosting repository.
- The project should ideally be a PSC on Arweave.
- The project must include a link to a live and functioning instance of the app by the end of the six week programme.
- The UI should ideally be hosted on Arweave.
- Submissions must be shared in the #on-the-arweave channel upon competition.
The submission deadline is 11:59pm EST on September 9 2021
For more information click here. Also check out: